Monday, October 1, 2007

Rogers Is Evil

So I've been working ALL month for a new cell phone.

And I finally got my first paycheck on Saturday morning! Within an hour of receiving it, I cashed it in with my Dad and we went straight to Fairview to get the very sexy Sony Ericsson w580i. Damn, did it feel good holding the newly activated white slider phone in my hand. It could play music, take pictures...my digital swiss army knife lol.

So after customizing a bit- you know, changing the background, the theme, song settings, etc, I decide that it's finally time for me to have a cool mp3 ringtone. I knew already from Paulo and Edwin that you can't use your own mp3 songs as ringtones. Well, that wouldn't matter to me, 'cause I'm pro like that. I downloaded a DRM-embedding program and tested one of the custom ringtones...

No dice.

What the fuck! Why can't I use my own ringtones?! So I'm doing internet research about this shit and I find out that Rogers has totally crippled the phone. I'm supposedly missing out on 10+ FULL games (the three on it already are merely demos) and I can't even use my own mp3 songs as ringtones.

I don't wanna have to buy any from rogers 'cause they're kinda overpriced and I don't wanna pay for PART of a song which I probably wouldn't wanna use as my ringtone in the first place. Jesus.

It doesn't help that the Sony Ericsson software that came with the phone is being messed up. I blame windows for being broken; it's the main reason why everything on windows is messed up on my laptop.

If I can't use it on mac, it's broken on windows. Just my luck.




Fuck, I've gotta find a way around this...!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home