Wednesday, February 21, 2007

The Saints

My home is my prison
Where my blood is taken from me
For my brave brother, who is perfect
Except for his tainted bloodstream.

I cannot see the demon that unbearably abuses me
The desire for a loving mother is overwhelming
My hate for my brother is as great as my lack of vision
In everyone’s eyes but mine, he is like a king.

The forgotten united; they emerged from the south,
The great city I live in falls, my prison is no more
My demons are assassinated
When I was 16 I then learnt of a world engulfed in war.

I learnt of a world tainted by greed
Famine, corruption, poverty, and oppression
Our greed infected their lives like venom
As is mine, revenge is their obsession.

The protectors of what’s left of this world’s freedom
Take me and my brother under their wings
My master teaches me the arcane arts
And for a while, happiness is what this life brings.

I’ve come to love my comrades
I was not alone in my suffering; I’ve come to know their pain
The world is united only by agony
A universal truth I have ascertained.

What justifies the death of an innocent?
How can we take the lives of people in freedom’s name?
It’s like a mere false illusion that we are good people.
We should all be ashamed.

We were left to die in the kingdom of all graveyards
I see all the bodies around me
Betrayed by our own, we join the graves of tormented souls
The venom has infected my sanctuary.

The forgotten came from the south
We were the privileged, we were the great north
We made their lives hell
Henceforth

Our society collapsing, they stood up for themselves
These once desperate people now fight for their own justice
Must they take the lives of our innocent?
Did we deserve this?

We are still children!
They destroyed the only people I cherished!
Dear brother, I forgive you, and I’m sorry for being weak
For freedom I am a martyr, for justice I will perish.

We fought for the honor this world never had
We were the mockingbirds of the hour
We fought to protect the innocent
We were The Saints of the century.



Thought I'd just start off with a poem. Please comment.

-AJ

1 Comments:

Blogger PtrkDan said...

Well written.

[since noone commented yet]

February 26, 2007 at 10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home